So, I bought a slow cooker. Two years ago. For the first eighteen months it sat in a kitchen cupboard keeping my unused Kenwood Chef company! Last Christmas, while buying the kids books on-line I impulsively threw in a slow cooker recipe book for myself. Admittedly, the book sat on a shelf next to my copy of 50 Shades Of Grey for three months! Anyhow, long story short, when I finally took out both book and cooker the first thing I made was a slow cooked pulled pork! Unused to planning meals eight or more hours in advance, I made the mistake of only getting started at about lunch time which meant my meal would be ready by 10pm! What a long, long day with that amazing and teasing aroma hovering around my kitchen! It was so worth it! My kids adore this dish, my husband adores it and Oh, it’s just delicious!! And easy!
Pork Shoulder approx. 4kg
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
1 tbsp Yellow mustard
1 large chopped onion
- Place the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker dish.
- Rest the pork shoulder on top of the onions.
- In a dish, put the sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard all together. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour the mixed sauce all over the pork shoulder. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Scrape any fatty parts off with a spoon. Using two forks, shred the pork and give it a good stir to fully work through the sauce and onions.
- Serve on hot ciabatta rolls with coleslaw, or with homemade chips and salad or as my kids love, on a buttered floury bap! Delicious I promise!